Tuesday, July 7, 2009

If guys want a ride why does the person offering the ride have to bend over backwards for them to come in my car????

Posted an ad on Craigslist Rideshare


Offering ride Van to Edm - early morning of Tues July 7


Have room for 1 or 2 people for a ride to Edm or part way. Want to leave early so can get to Edm from Van in 1 day as it takes at least 12 hrs. Will be returning from Edm the following Tues but maybe stopping along the way to camp. Have 2 tents if you want ride back but need your own sleeping bag.
• Location: Van to Edm

So I got a bunch of Flaky ppl & strange requests from ppl responding which finally got to me so I decided to cancel going!
Hey what the hell is it with ppl these days? They want to go somewhere so they reply to me asking. Then they say I’ll get back to u about whether they can go or not! Chicks are good for this as they bail on u cuz maybe they’re worried about traveling with a guy! Shit I should be worried about a crazy chick too!
I had this same stuff when I had some rideshare to Shambhala Festival last year. Ppl said they’d come and then bailed at the last min. or said they’d go both ways with me. Then when it was time to come back they said they met friends and weren’t coming so I came back the 9 hrs alone.
Not saying all of the u below can’t make up ur minds or aren’t being honest but why do I keep running ppl who keep bailing on a ride.
I say why reply for a ride unless u have ur own things ready to go. Like I’m not doing this to make money and it’s saving u guys some money. Heck corresponding to all of u guys and arranging places to meet is time consuming and I have things going on in my life too. Like my computer broke down on Sat so have to get the pics and data out and try to get it repaired. But told u guys I’m leaving Tues!


Hey Tom,
Thanks for being so great about getting back to me. Something has just come up for me with my sister, and I am not sure I can leave so early tomorrow. Your ride would be perfect, so I hope my sister can arrange other plans. I will let you know by 10pm tonight if thats ok. If I am coming I will be at the pick up spot before 8am...

sorry for any inconvenience! i will let you know asap, by 10pm the latest.
cheers,
galya

Hello this is Jason, i am emailing in regards to the ad you had posted on craigslist.I really need a ride to Edmonton for work related reasons
Then Jason calls and then he tells me he has no money cuz he thought I was offering a ride to Edm. Give me a break. But thought I’ll help this dude get to Edm as he said he’d work at a temp job and bring the money to me. But he’d leave his cell phone with me as collateral, like got a phone already. But what ehte hell I’m stupid (boy am I ever) so I’d give him a ride.

Some people who replied to my ad or called but weren’t sure if she can make it but will let me know.

Check out this girl who also wanted a place to stay as coming from Victoria.

OK. I'll need to get the ferry the day before, then. The earliest ferry arrives after 9:30 am in Vancouver. Are you open to having me stay at your place on the night before driving to Edmonton? We can speak on the phone and find out a little more about each other, if this is a possibility. I ask because I don't want to pay for a hostel if I don't have to. My cousin lives in Vancouver, so I may be able to stay with her, but the last I heard she is in Edmonton right now. Kate.


Rodney Dickinson

Hey, thanks for the offer! I have to cancel, though, as I just broke my collarbone. Have a good trip!

- Rod

Terri who hasn’t committed cuz going to Edmonton not Calgary
Hey,

I have to get out to Calgary is it
possible i can catch a ride with you?

Thanks

Terri

Why is everyone such a big flake nowadays?


Not just in friendship, but in everything:
- someone promises to come by at a certain hour to pick up an item, they never show up
- a long term friend says they will call you for a specific plan you talked about before, but you never hear from them
- someone gives you their number for a specific purpose - you call them at the specified time. They don't answer the phone (or respond to your voice mail)
- people say "strictly platonic", as soon as they see your face first thing they want to find out is if you're taken. Also the opposite where they want to associate with someone they consider is hot!
There are dozens of variations to these scenarios but you get the idea. True, emergencies can arise, people can get busy - but what happened to common sense and courtesy to let the other person know that your plans have changed?
What cracks me up the most are people who vehemently deny being a flake - Oh I'm not like that! I'm not like others. I am unique... Yet they turn out to be exactly the same as any other flake you met before.
I just laugh. I see a lot of humor in dealing with flakes. So I laugh and move on.
As funny a bunch as flakes can be, they don't change one conviction I have: Only misanthropists can survive this city.
So are you a misanthropist? Or just another flake?
Why don't you write to me and tell me how you're not like others? ;) decision.

Yeah I totally agree with this person as I'm tired of the phoney, uncaring ppl living here who are only out for themselves . But heck is it actually different in any other place? Probably not but I just need to get away to maybe appreciate this place. I do know there's no other city I'd want to live in Canada.

Check my blog about my experience ridesharing to Shambhala last year

http://free-spirit-guy.blogspot.com/2008/08/made-it-to-few-festivals-this-summer.html

I don’t know why I even bother contacting ppl anymore on Rideshare cuz this Is the replies I’ve gotten

So what the heck is with ppl today as I’m supplying the car and u guys expect to pay part of gas which should be expected. But if the car had a flat tire, etc would u guys share probably not cuz it’s my car but I’ should pay part of the gas.

I’m not a jerk but a regular guy who has ride shared to San Francisco and did what he wanted to get a ride there. I’ve traveled for 8 months thru Central and South America so know about traveling and paying my way and being on time
.
So I’m kind of leaning towards saying the heck with the hassle of ride share ppl and go on my own. Cuz I can leave when I want and yes it’ll cost me more $ but been thru travelling with unreliable ppl. If I go on my own then I can camp along the way check out friends cuz not in a big rush to get there as have all the time in the world as I did when I traveled in the past year.
So now may go on Wed or Thurs and take 2 days to go and camp along the way and smoke a joint & have a beer. It’ll cost me more $ but sometimes saving $ is not worth the hassle! Hell 1 pax is cool enough for me to break the boredom but also have 16 gb of music on my mp3 player.
When I've tried to get rideshare ppl it's like I have to bend over to help them like the tail wagging the dog! Well no more cuz think I've learned my lesson.

Wow some ppl are weird so be careful of ppl on Rideshare as got the attached msg So definitely NOT using Rideshare any more!!!!!

I sent this email to the guys who were going to come with me on Rideshare as still concerned even tho I cancelled taking them after some weird requests and emails.

Hey guys,
I know we'll never communicate or rideshare but want to relate an email I received from this Jason guy. So even tho I wasn't a happy camper I still want to say be careful who u ride with on Rideshare cuz ppl can be weird like this one dude that contacted me. What turned me off this rideshare were ppl who had sketchy msgs or were a bit over the wall with demands so decided the heck with taking Pax's to Edm. Now I may be at fault too so excuses but not using rideshare anymore cuz learned my lesson. The only person who I'd say was on the level and nice was Terri who emailed me back understanding what happened. Sorry u others may be too but have to assume that u only cared about yourselves and not others!
So after I sent that email last night this Jason guy who had no money to even pay his share of gas called me. He asked so are we still going tomorrow? I wasn't in a good mood & it was late so told him didn't u read the email and understand it cuz if u didn't maybe u should go back to school! Hit the wrong nerve with him and shouldn't have said that cuz he hung up on me! Then this morning he sends me the following msg which was really gross so I chg'd the words! Not sure why he sent that except he was pissed but it's still weird.

From Jason Stevens

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

OFFERING BL**JOBS ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD FOR FREE.wILLING TO SUCK ANY OLD BIB HAIRY F*CKIN C*CK FOR NOTHING,REPLY

________________________________________
Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail

________________________________________
this message was remailed to you via: comm-6tm6d-1255235389@craigslist.org

I had offered to help him out by giving him a ride and he said he'd pay me when he works!! But I had planned to make sure he wasn't a homeless guy & don't know where he was living here but he did mention around Gas town but hat could also be E. Hastings too! Not that I'm prejudice against them but hey don't want some unwashed guy smelling up the car for 12 hrs. He was from back east but had hitchhiked out west to get some type of laboring job but couldn't find one here. So wanted to check out Edmonton but had no money so thought I'd help him out! But when I pressed the wrong button I guess he lost it. So maybe I shouldn't assume he was weird but just pissed at me!

Boy this stuff is not my thing cuz I'm just a fun loving Free Spirit who loves travelling and meeting ppl. So after finding out that ppl are so Flaky. Well it reinforces why I have to leave Vancouver and Canada to travel the world to get away from this society every so often. So have decided probably not going to drive my car but may fly. I had already planned to leave Canada again this fall to travel to North Africa and Middle East. Yeah I know ppl there are more weirder but at least I'm prepared for that cuz some of weirdness is their culture!

U probably thinK I'm too serious but I'm not as u may read in one of my blogs about my life's beliefs

http://free-spirit-guy.blogspot.com/2008/07/questions-things-that-keep-me-awake-at.html


http://free-spirit-guy.blogspot.com/2008/08/so-2-guys-messed-her-up-ai-who-do-i-get_26.html


Heck I blog all my experiences so I can relate or read them when I forget things like getting Rideshare pax's, etc. Hey I'm not saying that I'm not an idiot myself a lot of times too! But I try to be considerate as enjoy ppl and hopefully learn from my experiences!.

OK I've written enough about this Rideshare stuff so it's buried like MJ and hopefully like him forgotten as never cared for his music or lifestyle, etc. but liked his dancing!.

Good luck in your Rideshare but be careful & considerate!

No comments:

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

VerveEarth

Places of people who visit this blog

About Me

Email: freespiritguy@gmail.com Enjoy adventure, outdoors, travelling & meeting people but mostly life. My background is in computer software allowing me to work in Australia, New Zealand, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Canada & recently in the US. Enjoyed & found it challenging but at a crossroad as need to upgrade my IT skill set to continue my career. But would like to expand my life's experiences. So rather than upgrade in IT, I'll maybe work part time & take a course like Forensic Science or something. Also do more travelling & volunteering. I've helped at the Salvation Army, ran in several Cancer runs & coached disabled people to ski. Feels good to make a difference in someone's life. Made me appreciate having my health, mind, family, friends & ability to accomplish almost anything. Found people volunteering are friendly, helpful, kind & not pretentious. Searching for an organization to experience the challenge of volunteering where people have difficulty improving their life due to their environment & resources.