Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hey I can always tell when it's kinda time to leave town again!

I don't know if something is telling me it's time to leave town for a while cuz is it my imagination and some ppl are really bigger assholes than moi! Yeah I admit that I can be a bit of an asshole and pain in the ass on first impression and later when u get to know me u realize that u were correct. But there are other ppl who do and say things that makes me think what am I still doing in this city and putting up with this crap?

I have a lot of spare time so I like to blog as u may notice. Plus I'm kind of addicted to Craigslist as like to entertain myself by reading some of the postings. I like to browse Rideshare cuz I like to travel, volunteer as I do a bit of it and Platonic Friends cuz I always need and can use more friends! But I guess I've only been successful in Rideshare cuz I've found someone to get a trip to San Francisco, ppl to go to Music Festivals and a possible ride to Mexico in a month! So I have had some great memories doing these things!

But I also find ppl posting which get me thinking. yeah I agree totally with this person:

Do you wish you could just talk to people on the SkyTrain or bus?
- m4mw - 21 (Vancouver)
Reply to: pers-832082713@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-09-07, 11:24PM PDT

I often find myself sitting on the SkyTrain (or the bus, I suppose) with absolutely nothing to do. I often think it would be interesting to talk to the person next to me or across from me, but I'm not sure how they would feel about that.
I was just wondering if anybody else ever felt the same way... How would you feel if someone started to talk to you on the SkyTrain? Have you ever wanted to start talking to people?

But then some idiot replies which really gets under my skin:

re: Do you wish you could just talk to people on the SkyTrain or bus? (Next stop is...)

Reply to: pers-832147909@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-09-08, 3:48AM PDT

Fawk no, I'd get really annoyed if someone tried chatting me up on Skytrain.
Maybe you don't mean in a bad, annoying way but still...
Think about these points: How would such a conversation go and what could come out of it?

Unless there's an emergency of some sort, there isn't much you can talk about as these are complete strangers you have nothing in common with.
So what do you want to do... "explore" whether you have anything in common with them? Forget it. If anyone asked me a personal question, I'd tell them to FO.
Then you're left with small talk, ie. weather.
I might give them a one word answer, but if they're jabbering on non-stop I'd tell them firmly I'm not interested in their drivel and move to another seat if possible.

Pestering people on Skytrain is not a good idea. There are more than enough creeps and weirdos out there. You will just come across as one of them.
Peaceful commuting...

Well this type of idiot definitely needs a response so here's what I think of this person!

Do you wish you could just talk to people on the SkyTrain or bus? (maybe get off & walk by yourself)
Boy I’ve never read such ignorant crap then from the person who replied to the original posting. So I can't sit here and not reply to u! Now I’m not suggesting we talk to every one on the sky train or bus all the time like some retired ppl may do! Cuz we may be preoccupied with some thing, tired or just want to listen to our ipod! But it seems u only want to talk to ppl with something in common with u! But u say “Unless there's an emergency of some sort, there isn't much you can talk about as these are complete strangers you have nothing in common with.” So if there is some type of emergency than suddenly the person next to u is a someone who is OK to talk to! So does everyone u talk to in life need to have something in common with u? So do u only want to be only surrounded with ppl that like the same common things in life as u – like same old, same old – well to me that's boring!

Well u had better never leave your safe little mundane world in Vancouver or wherever. Cuz surprise surprise but there’s a whole world of interesting ppl and things happening that sometimes u can only find out by maybe talking or trying to communicate to strangers. I’ve done a lot of traveling to foreign countries. I’ve found that all ppl are interesting and as hard as it may be for u to believe but we do have things in common. Like enjoying life with our family, friends and the pursuit of happiness and health! Yeah like the rest of the things in life are just fluff to occupy our interest, time and energy! I find that it’s the ppl in our life that make our life interesting and enjoyable. So all the rest of the stuff in our life is just that stuff! So do things like material possessions, appearance, impressing ppl, having a job to make lots of money, doing what is expected or in vogue, being seen at the right places with the right ppl and clothes, having a hot partner, etc. really matter in life?

I know this may sound critical but maybe if u changed your attitude of life and just hanging and associating with ppl who act, think, dress, like the same things as u and do the same crap as u. Then maybe u’d become a more interesting person yourself so these strangers would welcome talking to u!

Maybe if u approached talking or saying hi to ppl the same as the saying of “stopping to smell the flowers”. So maybe if everyone got to appreciate and talk (once in a while) to strangers. Then there wouldn’t be so much prejudice, hostilities, hatred or dislike among ppl! I’m not saying we’d eliminate crazies like that idiot that butchered the innocent dude on the Greyhound cuz that was like 1 in a million chance of that happening! But I’ve always thought that most ppl tend to treat others in the same manner as they’re treated with respect and kindness. Well unless they’re part of the ignorant “Me Generation” person like some ppl!

I’m not saying I talk to every stranger but it’s interesting what the original poster had to say. This is only my thought on your reply cuz I figure u may surprise yourself and a stranger that if u were remotely friendly and talked to them to find out that u may actually enjoy it!

I've also found myself to be a bit too compassionate an I want to help ppl I hardly know. Heck I met this young Native chick who wanted to ridehare to Seattle for the Bumbershoot Music Festival on Labor Day but it kind of fell thru! This chick had lived on a reservation in Saskatchwan which is like the Outback in Australia! She had lead a rough life and ran away from home to live on the streets of Saskatoon! I guess she ran with the wrong crowd, did just about all kinds of drugs and finally OD. So I believe this woke her up cuz she got clean and now lives in Vancouver. Which is where I ran into her and found her a cool chick who didn't seem to be too messed up from her past life! She had a job, was going to return to school and was working with this dude to make some music! I was happy for her cuz this was keeping her off the streets and drugs! I felt kind of sorry for her as she had very little money! When I met her one evening she had a bag of pastry that she got from a Youth Shelter! I've volunteered at a Youth Shelter so I know it's probably a day old dry pastry! I didn't tell her this but told her hey girl this stuff will put weigh on u. Which she agreed as she said she liked veggies and fruit but couldn't afford it! I hadn't talked to her for a few weeks so thought I'd call her up to check on how the Bumbershoot Festival went and to tell her that I'd like to meet up with her and get her a bag of fruit and veggies!

Here was her email to me:

hey yea i had a blast out in seattle. like not even half an hour after i got there i met so much ppl (street kids) and they showed me the city and took me under there wing. bumbershoot was great to! the biggest show i have ever been too. it seems like the small local shows are more hardcore.
I might go back this saturday cuz well my moms back and she brought my older brother and his son along too and we only live in a one bedroom apt so its hella packed up in here. my mom hates me. since i was like 16 shes been wanting me to move out and all she wants is money out of me. like how the hell am i suppose to save up money when i have to pay her rent, and whatever else she wants me to pay for and pay for my school, food, clothing and whatever else i need. so im gonna go for awhile untill i feel comfortable being back here. its just i cant handle being here right now.

Who am I to give her any advice so I just told her:

U have to do what u have to do but all I want to say is be careful and don't get back in the drug scene again. I thought u were a cool chick and were on the right track to getting it together in life.
Have u ever thought about going to the Native Youth Centre and talk to some counseller or someone there?
U seemed to have straightened out so u don't want to get back into it again. Cuz it's a hell hole to get out of again and the next time it may not be OD'ing but some thing more fatal. So does that mean u won't be working to make music with Steve? What does he say about u leaving?
So do u have any idea of how long u'd head down south? Also are u still going to finish ur school?
So can u email me ever so often and let me know it's going?
Good luck and I'll pray for u cuz thought u were a nice person and really liked u.

It made me feel a bit better when she replied to say:

oh man i would never get back into drugs! and steve said my music will still be there for me when i get back. i do feel bad that im just gonna get up and go and leave our project behind. im gonna be gown for a month or 2 and i did go to 2 of my classes for school but i dont have any school supplies so i felt weird. and thank you i'll email you aswell on my littlr trip. and i thought you were a pretty rad person aswell!

Now I don't know what life holds for her but I hope she keeps in touch cuz I'd really like to know that she does OK as I'd like to kind of help her! But ppl tell me hey u can't be helping every problem ppl u meet cuz u aren't exactly Mr. Rich or have a job urself!

So I've seen ppl who are really plastic and assholes but then I meet this young Native chick. In some ways I guess even when the world kind of shits on her this chick still tries to keep her spirit up and be positive!

No comments:

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

VerveEarth

Places of people who visit this blog

About Me

Email: freespiritguy@gmail.com Enjoy adventure, outdoors, travelling & meeting people but mostly life. My background is in computer software allowing me to work in Australia, New Zealand, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Canada & recently in the US. Enjoyed & found it challenging but at a crossroad as need to upgrade my IT skill set to continue my career. But would like to expand my life's experiences. So rather than upgrade in IT, I'll maybe work part time & take a course like Forensic Science or something. Also do more travelling & volunteering. I've helped at the Salvation Army, ran in several Cancer runs & coached disabled people to ski. Feels good to make a difference in someone's life. Made me appreciate having my health, mind, family, friends & ability to accomplish almost anything. Found people volunteering are friendly, helpful, kind & not pretentious. Searching for an organization to experience the challenge of volunteering where people have difficulty improving their life due to their environment & resources.