Thursday, October 16, 2008

Am Leaving on a Jet Plane & On the Road again!

So I'm finally going to be leaving to do some travelling again starting Oct 18!

http://whereisthefreespiritguy.blogspot.com/

which is the blog site I'll be updating while I'm travelling to Central and South America.

You know I've come to the conclusion that I don't really fit in the Canadian society lately! But I'm not upset or down about it cuz it's mostly my own fault! I'm just too unconventional and different than most ppl around here.

But I'm hoping a change of scenery for 8 months will make me come to appreciate Vanocuver again! Cuz right now I couldn't give a Rat's Ass about living here! I'm kind of thinking that living in the West End is a convenient place as I can walk or sky train most places. But the ppl living downtown and in Vancouver in general are not my type of ppl! There's too many flakes and a-holes that are too phoney for me in this city so need to get away.

So I'll be back in May or June and then depending on how I feel I may just hang out in town for a couple months in 2009 to do some personal things like my tax return, etc. I’d like to give my self enough time before the wet weather arrives cuz then I hope to head to the South Pacific and Tonga, Fiji, Cook Islands, New Zealand, Australia, Bali and the Phillipines while the weather is cold in the Northern Hemisphere.

Then since I’ll be in Asia in the spring 2010, then I may head to China, Tibet, Mongolia, and on to the countries of the old Soviet Union like Kazakistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, Russia and to the Eastern Europe countries of Hungary, Czech Republic, Poland and over to Croatia, Serbia, etc for 5 or 6 months.

So then I'll have seen most of the countries on the 6 continents. So depending on my finances and what’s happening with my family I may head either home or over to Africa. But if I go to Africa I want to stay there for a few years and maybe hang out on this island I found on my last visit there.

I don’t mind being away from Canada for long periods as I can always come back! The only reason I keep returning is cuz of my family plus I always have the safety net of Canada. So I may miss it by then and appreciate things back in Canada. But right now I want to live where things are more basic and cheap to live. I figure with all the materialism & ppl’s priorities in Canada that I don’t fit in the life style anymore.

But hey those are only my dream plans and who knows what I’ll actually end my doing!

No comments:

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

VerveEarth

Places of people who visit this blog

About Me

Email: freespiritguy@gmail.com Enjoy adventure, outdoors, travelling & meeting people but mostly life. My background is in computer software allowing me to work in Australia, New Zealand, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Canada & recently in the US. Enjoyed & found it challenging but at a crossroad as need to upgrade my IT skill set to continue my career. But would like to expand my life's experiences. So rather than upgrade in IT, I'll maybe work part time & take a course like Forensic Science or something. Also do more travelling & volunteering. I've helped at the Salvation Army, ran in several Cancer runs & coached disabled people to ski. Feels good to make a difference in someone's life. Made me appreciate having my health, mind, family, friends & ability to accomplish almost anything. Found people volunteering are friendly, helpful, kind & not pretentious. Searching for an organization to experience the challenge of volunteering where people have difficulty improving their life due to their environment & resources.