Monday, August 18, 2008

Shouldn't probably post this cuz it'll spoil any chance of making nice friends!




But hey I'm honest and "I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not". So this will probably just add fuel to u'r thoughts that I'm a total social reject. But some ppl get to know me enough to know I'm just harmless, fun loving and a bit quirkly! But if given the chance I can be the best friend to hang out as I'd do anything for u with no expectations & things won't be boring. But maybe u don't need my type of fun as most don't see the more serious side of me!

Anyway I met up with this group of European ppl who moved to Vancouver and I hung out with them a couple times back in May or June. A few were a bit too shy and different (plus one guy was too full of himself). Since I'm honest to a fault so I told Elena that I wouldn't & why I didn't want to hang out with them anymore.Then I got the following email so forgot and thought hey maybe I'll check them out again. But here's how she replied and if I wasn't so stupid and thick skinned I might be hurt but I like to say "those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind".

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 6:28 PM, Lenochka A <xxxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello my dear friends!

Its been a while since we organized something so I thought that this is time to get together again.

So, how about this:

Meet this Friday at a restaurant for dinner and maybe go for drinks/dancing after depending how the night goes.

How about this Brazilian place:
Samba Restaurant
1122 Alberni St (crossing Thurlow)
They will have live music or dancing or both be
Meet at 7-30
(I bet they would have caipirinas! It is a steakhouse but they have vegetarian dishes too. Check out the menu at http://www.thaihouse.com/samba/)

Let me know who wants to come this Friday socialize, catch up, meet new people, dance and have fun. (let me know soon so I could make a reservation for us)

Hugs!
Elena



On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 1:14 PM, Tom K <xxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Elena u hot Ukranian,

Great to hear from u again! How's your summer going? I've had a wicked one!!! Yeah it's Tom that outspoken, dope smokin', fun lovin' Canadian Japanese Crazy! Hey want u to know that I've been working to clean up my act a bit but what can I say as like to enjoy life! But thought OK Tom if u hang with them u have to be on your best behavior as these guys aren't used to wild ppl! So if don't mind then I'll come and hang out with u guys for a while. I enjoyed hanging with u guys before but haven't seen u for probably for 2 or more months so kind of missed u!

I'm going to try and get down to the place by 7:30 but on Fri afternoon I'll be helping setup for the Sat Aug 16 & Sun Aug 17 AFRIKADEY FESTIVAL 2008
http://www.africanvibesfm.com/afrikadey/

Hey if u don't have plans for either day or evening check it out. I'm going to be there all weekend volunteering, dancing, drinking, etc as love African culture, music, dances, food,ladies, etc. It may be a different gig for u but if u like high energy vibes & atmosphere u'll enjoy this festival! It's at the Serbian Cultural Centre 7837 Canada Way (close to 10th Ave, New Westminster) Burnaby

I just want to keep dancing and partying after the 4 day Shambhala Festival last weekend. It was great camping, hangin' out with 10,000 ppl from all over, drinkin', smokin', listenin', dancin' to Techno Music 12+ hrs / days as it went 24 hrs so it was an awesome crazy time! But have to admit my first love in music & dancing is Reggae, African, Hip Hop, RnB, Soul so the AfricaDey Festival will be soooooooo cool!

So yeah if u guys are still heading down there Fri night, can u save me a spot as I'll try to make it there! Look forward to seeing u sexy thing u!

Tom


On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 4:15 PM, Lenochka A <xxxxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, Tom!

You are welcome to come, but I am a bit concerned because I am inviting a few new girls to dinner who are quite shy and I think they might be shocked by you... I do not want to be rude but the group is not stable at the moment and I do not want to risk... I thought you decided not to hang out with us any more and you sent me that long good bye letter... so now I am confused.

Elena



Hey u sexy thing!

U didn't have to worry as u can be as rude as u want to me and forget being polite as I don't mind as I have thick skin! I talk a lot and fun lovin' but I'm not that big a jerk that I would show up there and shock ppl or spoil everyone's good time!

The first time u had a meet up I must admit I got a little stoned in the afternoon so when i started drinking in the evening I got pretty shit faced. However I'm not normally like that as I like to talk a lot but I'm not usually loud and obnoxious as I can be fairly low keyed too! Heck I thought when we hiked the Chief and went rollerblading, etc that I was pretty low keyed. But it doesn't matter as I respect that this group is very important to u so I won't ruin things.

Yeah I had said I wouldn't hang out anymore but have a short memory. So when I saw ur email I thought hey I haven't hung out with the group so thought I'd check it out cuz there were a bunch that I liked. Also had seen Irene on the street one day and she had said hey u should come hang out again.

But thanks for reminding me why I said I didn't want to hang out anymore. There are chicks & guys that are shy and need a quiet sedate group! I don't know if it's cuz they are originally from foreign countries. But I think they're probably like most ppl who don't care to be around loud obnoxious ppl which I don't blame them or u for!

I don't mind and not hurt about what u told me cuz life is too short and I don't want to spoil things with the group of nice well mannered ppl! But I have toned it down as I don't smoke and drink together when it's a bunch of ppl I don't know well!

Admire u for doing a great job of keeping the group of ppl together! Sorry for putting u in that awkward position of having to tell me to not show up & next time I'll remember! So yeah the bottom line is I won't come around!! But still like u as don't hold a grudge when what u tell me is true!!!

Tom


No comments:

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

VerveEarth

Places of people who visit this blog

About Me

Email: freespiritguy@gmail.com Enjoy adventure, outdoors, travelling & meeting people but mostly life. My background is in computer software allowing me to work in Australia, New Zealand, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Canada & recently in the US. Enjoyed & found it challenging but at a crossroad as need to upgrade my IT skill set to continue my career. But would like to expand my life's experiences. So rather than upgrade in IT, I'll maybe work part time & take a course like Forensic Science or something. Also do more travelling & volunteering. I've helped at the Salvation Army, ran in several Cancer runs & coached disabled people to ski. Feels good to make a difference in someone's life. Made me appreciate having my health, mind, family, friends & ability to accomplish almost anything. Found people volunteering are friendly, helpful, kind & not pretentious. Searching for an organization to experience the challenge of volunteering where people have difficulty improving their life due to their environment & resources.