Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tribute to George Carlin! He told it like it is - my kind of person!

Yeah sometimes people have asked me well what do u do when u stay up until 4 am when others are in bed sleeping so they can make it up for work the next day! Well there are days that I do the same but I'm trying to miminize those days. But I love to listen to music, read and hang out but most of the time I like to go on my laptop and listen to ppl like George Carlin!
Cuz I like to laugh and enjoy myself and there's nothing an outspoken idiot like me enjoys better than watching George talk about something.

I loved George Carlin cuz he said it like it is! I'll miss his humor as he died on June 22, 2008 of a heart attack at 71. RIP George we'll miss you!

George Carlin on "the American Dream"
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ4SSvVbhLw&feature=related
George Carlin: American Bullshit
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=qNv-oDbBZQU&feature=related
George Carlin - Saving the Planet
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=eScDfYzMEEw&feature=related
So do we believe George & the following website? Regardless I'll continue to think "Green"!
http://www.morecarbon.com/footprint.shtml
George Carlin-Natural Disasters
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=2pe4XVVUbiA&feature=related
George Carlin - Things You Never See
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=9X0F1Qjn0Ac&feature=related
George Carlin - Why is Prostitution Illegal!?
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=73hnG_JfJ_k&NR=1
George Carlin - Modern Man
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=jCljFYn3zTY&feature=related

George Carlin gets in one last laugh on death
(here's an article I read about George after he died)

Just months before he died, George Carlin was looking into the face of death—and making it the butt of his jokes.
"You know what I've been doing? Going through my address book and crossing out the dead people. It gives you a feeling of power, of superiority, to have outlasted another old friend," Carlin says on what turned out to be his final comedy album. The recording, It's Bad For Ya, comes out Tuesday on Eardrum Records.
In an interview four months before his death, he told The Associated Press he was particularly pleased with the material he was working up for the album and an HBO show that aired last March.`"Definitely some people who are close to me who have seen this show, and have seen a lot of the others, feel this is my best stuff yet," he said.
Among them was his daughter, Kelly Carlin McCall, who said she was delighted to see the album mark a return to what she called her father's "playful goofiness". In recent years, she noted, his routines had seemed to get darker and angrier.
Not so this time, with Carlin waxing on—with four-letter words in abundance—about the advantages of getting older.
"It's a great time of life, you get to take advantage of people and you're not responsible for anything," he says on the album. He adds that he discovered a popular pastime could be had gathering family members around and pretending to have Alzheimer's.
"You say, 'Who are you people and where's my horse?"
Although there will be no more new routines, Carlin is still around, thanks to his daughter and brother, Patrick, who spent a weekend earlier this month scattering his ashes at his favourite haunts around the country. They stopped in front of the nightclubs he played in New York City's Greenwich Village and at a summer camp in New Hampshire where, as a child, he received a necklace for winning the drama competition. He was wearing it the day he died.
Accompanied by old friends from the neighbourhood, they also stopped at a park on the edge of Harlem where Carlin grew up.

No comments:

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

VerveEarth

Places of people who visit this blog

About Me

Email: freespiritguy@gmail.com Enjoy adventure, outdoors, travelling & meeting people but mostly life. My background is in computer software allowing me to work in Australia, New Zealand, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Canada & recently in the US. Enjoyed & found it challenging but at a crossroad as need to upgrade my IT skill set to continue my career. But would like to expand my life's experiences. So rather than upgrade in IT, I'll maybe work part time & take a course like Forensic Science or something. Also do more travelling & volunteering. I've helped at the Salvation Army, ran in several Cancer runs & coached disabled people to ski. Feels good to make a difference in someone's life. Made me appreciate having my health, mind, family, friends & ability to accomplish almost anything. Found people volunteering are friendly, helpful, kind & not pretentious. Searching for an organization to experience the challenge of volunteering where people have difficulty improving their life due to their environment & resources.