Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hey was a witness for 2 Chicks from the US who came to Vancouver to get Married!

Like I wasn't looking to be a witness at any wedding cuz not big on them cuz bin dar dun dat! But do like to volunteer or help ppl out in my crazy way! So when checking for places & things online CL that I could possibly help. Well there were 2 chicks from Arizona who were driving up to Seattle for a vacation. So they decide to come to Canada to get married & they needed a witness at the ceremony to be official! But they didn't know anyone in Vancouver or was coming. So I thought heck this will be cool as they were paying $20 not that I wanted it!

Yeah who would think that I would be act as a witness to a Gay wedding! They were really nice ppl who were getting married cuz they loved each other! So why not help them out by attending. Actually there were the 2 girls, myself and a girl who's place they were couch surfing plus 2 of her friends and the lady performing the ceremony!

The wedding was being performed at the Rose Garden at Stanley Park which is basically in the center of Vancouver! http://www.squidoo.com/Vancouver--Stanley-Park So it was beautiful back drop and it turned out to be one of the nicer weddings I've attended. Probably cuz it was so informal and truly sincere without all the pomp and pageant of most weddings!

The wedding only lasted about 10 mins and then some pictures. One of the other ppl was taking pictures with one of the girl's camera. He also took pictures with my camera too so I have a number of them.

So after such a momentus occasion we all needed a beer! Then girls asked if we could show them a beach since they don't have any in Arizona. So one of the others suggest Wreck Beach which is a famous beach in Vancouver. http://www.wreckbeach.org/

So we picked up some snacks and went down to the Beach. Well Wreck Beach isn't only a Nudist Beach cuz u don't have to be nude to hang there! Cuz there are ppl there with swimsuits or shorts too! What I enjoyed was the fact that there were all kinds of ppl selling things. It was all wide open as ppl sold cold beer, weed, 'shrooms and other assorted stuff too!
So I was able to stock up while attending the girl's wedding reception so to speak! We hung and talked for a while and ate some snacks which was really cool as not too many weddings have that kind of reception! But of course couldn't take any pictures at the beach cuz it wouldn't be kosher!

I was suppose to be driving 8 hours to volunteer and enjoy the 2009 Shambhala Music Festival for a week. So had to leave at 8 pm for an all night drive cuz I attended the wedding. But hey thought it was all worth it and made some new friends! Cuz it was really all about having a new experience!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

VerveEarth

Places of people who visit this blog

About Me

Email: freespiritguy@gmail.com Enjoy adventure, outdoors, travelling & meeting people but mostly life. My background is in computer software allowing me to work in Australia, New Zealand, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Canada & recently in the US. Enjoyed & found it challenging but at a crossroad as need to upgrade my IT skill set to continue my career. But would like to expand my life's experiences. So rather than upgrade in IT, I'll maybe work part time & take a course like Forensic Science or something. Also do more travelling & volunteering. I've helped at the Salvation Army, ran in several Cancer runs & coached disabled people to ski. Feels good to make a difference in someone's life. Made me appreciate having my health, mind, family, friends & ability to accomplish almost anything. Found people volunteering are friendly, helpful, kind & not pretentious. Searching for an organization to experience the challenge of volunteering where people have difficulty improving their life due to their environment & resources.